Our Homestay Program creates an opportunity for cultural exchange between Canadian families and foreign students who attend the high school. Homestay students are placed in caring homes that enable them to make a comfortable transition into Canadian life. Students create life-long lasting relationships that they will remember wherever their next adventures take them.
Living in a private home, sharing meals and engaging in recreational activities together goes far beyond the experience offered in the classroom. It has been proven that students learn English quicker when they are in a Homestay environment.
The Homestay Process
Firstly, students must complete a Homestay application form when they apply for their Student Visa. Doing so gives plenty of time to find the host family that best suits each student.
Furthermore, students should give as much information as possible when they are filling out their Homestay application. This information makes it easier to find a good match for the student and host family. As a result, students will be given profile’s of their potential host family to see if they would be a good match.
If a student is not satisfied with a host family within the two weeks of stay and has a valid reason, the student will be placed with another family at no additional charge.
What are the benefits of being in a homestay?
- Have the full Canadian experience.
- Develop an understanding of a western, multicultural society.
- Improve all aspects of English at Home through a full English-immersion experience.
- Feel safe knowing that there is someone you can rely on in the cash of an emergency. You are not alone!
We conduct follow-up’s with students on a regular basis to ensure their overall well-being and happiness.
What does the Host Family provide?
- A caring, nurturing and supportive environment for international students.
- Health care and overall well-being support for students. Homestay parents seek medical attention students when necessary, and report any significant medical or mental health issues to the school.
- A clean and tidy home with a private, furnished bedroom.
- Three nutritious meals per day.